The testing process: Writing code or choosing the right answer for multiple choice questions.
Motivation: When making marketing decisions or fine-tuning a new product launch strategy, data analysis holds the key to all the answers.
The testing process: Determining probabilities using Bayes' rule.
Motivation: Bayes' theorem is the central idea behind Bayesian inference – an important and increasingly popular technique in statistics.
The testing process: Calculating probabilities.
Motivation: Probability theory is the foundation for most statistical and machine-learning algorithms.
Your company is running a test that is designed to compare two different versions of the company’s website.
Version A of the website is shown to 60% of users, while version B of the website is shown to the remaining 40% of users. The test shows that 8% of users who are presented with version A sign up for the company’s services, compared to 4% of users who are presented with version B.
If a user signs up for the company’s services, what is the probability that she/he was presented with version A of the website?