Python is a widely used, high-level, general-purpose, interpreted, dynamic programming language. Having a basic familiarity with the programming language used on the job is a prerequisite for quickly getting up to speed.
Closures are an important concept in any programming language in which functions are first-class citizens.
Public questions (free account) are common interview questions. They are great for practicing, or if you want to filter candidates using the classic problems.
This is a part of latest question addition to our question library.
As part of a data processing pipeline, complete the implementation of the pipeline method:
- The method should accept a variable number of functions, and it should return a new function that accepts one parameter arg.
- The returned function should call the first function in the pipeline with the parameter arg, and call the second function with the result of the first function.
- The returned function should continue calling each function in the pipeline in order, following the same pattern, and return the value from the last function.
For example, pipeline(lambda x: x * 3, lambda x: x + 1, lambda x: x / 2) then calling the returned function with 3 should return 5.0.
- Example case: Wrong answer
- Various functions: Wrong answer
- Various data types: Wrong answer