An informational interest rate calculator for a fixed term deposit needs to be tested. For a given deposit amount and the client’s age, the calculator shows the annual interest rate.
The following rules apply:
- The minimum deposit amount is $100.
- The maximum deposit amount is $10,000.
- The annual interest rate depends on the deposit amount as follows:
Deposit amount Annual interest rate $100 - $999 1.0% $1,000 - $4,999 1.3% $5,000 - $10,000 1.5%
- Only adults (aged 18 and older) are eligible to open a term deposit account.
- Clients aged 60 and older have a fixed interest rate of 2%.
Define the optimal (effective and efficient) set of boundary test cases for a system that calculates the term's deposit interest.