In an upcoming referendum, voters will be asked whether the minimum wage should be increased. Telephone polls of likely voters were conducted to predict what the result might be. All respondents were put into at least one of six categories based on profession and age: scientist, lawyer, hourly wage earner, small business owner, younger voter, older voter.
The opinion polls showed:
- A majority of voters are in favor of keeping the current minimum wage.
- A majority of scientists and lawyers supported a rise in the minimum wage.
- Younger voters are more inclined to support a rise in the minimum wage.
- Older voters tend to support no change.
- Hourly wage earners overwhelmingly supported a rise in the minimum wage.
- Small business owners were evenly split on the subject.
Select all the statements that can be concluded from the above text:
(Select all acceptable answers.)
- Verbal Reasoning
- Inductive Reasoning
Duration: 3 min
Author: Josip Kremenić
Would you like to see our other questions?
We have 1000+ premium hand-crafted questions for 160+ job skills and 20+ coding languages. We prefer questions with small samples of actual work over academic problems or brain teasers.
Would you like to see our tests?
The following tests contain Verbal Reasoning related questions:
On the blog
Since we're all biased and we use incorrect proxies, why not just outsource hiring to experts or recruitment agencies? After all, they've been screening people for many years, so they must know how to do it right?
Not really. I was surprised to discover that many experts...