The company's sick leave policy says:
This company’s sick leave policy applies to all our employees who have been with our company for more than six months. Our employees can take sick leave only when they want to recover from a sudden illness, accident, or injury. They can use up to 10 days of sick leave for these purposes per calendar year.
Upon completion of each 12 month period of employment, employees will receive 3 additional days of sick leave for every completed 12 month period of working for the company. Unspent additional sick leave days cannot be transferred to the next 12 month period. For example, an employee who has worked for the company for 10 years would receive 30 additional days of sick leave, or 40 in total.
Keep in mind that employees who become sick should either use their sick days or work from home to avoid spreading illnesses.
Fill in the blanks, with numbers, for the cases below. Enter the number 0 for cases when an employee doesn't have the right to sick leave, according to the policy.
- Emily, who has worked for us for almost half a year and still hasn't used any sick leave days, has the right to use up to sick leave days this year.
- Faith, who just started her 3rd year of working for us and has not taken sick leave until now, had a car accident. She has the right to use up to days of sick leave to recover from her injuries.
- Vanessa, who started to work for us a little over a year ago, took 2 days of sick leave last year. She was Faith's passenger in the car accident. Vanessa has the right to use up to days of sick leave to recover from her injuries.
- Edith, who began working for us 8 months ago, has the right to use up to sick leave days for a volunteer adult care program at a local hospital that lasts the whole day.
- If Gabrielle, who has worked for us for 20 months, and who took a 10-day sick leave immediately after her 6-month trial period had finished, gets ill tomorrow, she will have the right to use up to days of sick leave.
- Verbal Reasoning
- Deductive Reasoning
- Understanding Rules
Duration: 10 min
Would you like to see our other questions?
We have 1000+ premium hand-crafted questions for 160+ job skills and 20+ coding languages. We prefer questions with small samples of actual work over academic problems or brain teasers.
Would you like to see our tests?
The following tests contain Verbal Reasoning related questions:
On the blog
Since we're all biased and we use incorrect proxies, why not just outsource hiring to experts or recruitment agencies? After all, they've been screening people for many years, so they must know how to do it right?
Not really. I was surprised to discover that many experts...