The company's sick leave policy says:
This company’s sick leave policy applies to all our employees who have been with our company for more than six months. Our employees can take sick leave when they want to recover from a sudden illness, accident, or injury. They can use up to 10 days of sick leave for these purposes per calendar year.
Upon completion of each 12 month period of employment, employees will receive 3 additional days of sick leave for every completed 12 month period of working for the company. These additional sick leave days expire at the end of the next 12 month period.
Keep in mind that employees who become sick should either use their sick days or work from home to avoid spreading illnesses.
Fill in the blanks, with numbers, for the cases below. Enter number 0 for cases when an employee doesn't have the right for sick leave, according to the policy.
- Emily, who has worked for us for almost half of year and still hasn't used any sick leave days, has the right to use up to sick leave days this year.
- Faith, who just started her 4th year of working for us and has not taken sick leave until now, had a car accident. She has the right to use up to days for sick leave to recover from the injuries.
- Vanessa, who started to work for us a little over a year ago, took sick leave last year for 2 days. She was Faith's passenger. Vanessa has the right to use up to days for sick leave to recover from the injuries.
- Edith, who began working for us 8 months ago, has the right to use up to sick leave days for her regular annual physical exam, which lasts the whole day.
- If Gabrielle, who has worked for us for 20 months, and who took a 10-day sick leave immediately after her 6-month trial period had finished, gets ill tomorrow, she will have right to use up to days for sick leave.