Data Science Online Test
Practice your skills and earn a certificate of achievement when you score in the top 25%.Take a Practice Test
Test candidates with real-world problems and interview the best ones.Sign Up to Offer this Test
About the test
The Data Science online test assesses the ability to use tools and techniques to analyze large sets of data, extract information, suggest conclusions, and support decision-making.
The assessment includes work-sample tasks such as:
- Applying a linear regression to a set of data.
- Using Bayes' Theorem to determine the probability of an event.
- Building machine learning models.
A good data scientist or data analyst needs to be able to extract knowledge and insights from data in order to support the decision-making process.
Sample public questions
The following .csv file contains the data from a classifier model that predicts if an image contains a dog: predictions.csv
The first column contains information if the dog is in the image or not. The second column contains the classifier prediction, which is in the interval 0-100, with higher values meaning that the classifier is more confident that image contains a dog.
What is the value of the decision boundary that will maximize the accuracy of the model? Values greater than or equal to the decision boundary will be treated as positive.
Your company is running a test that is designed to compare two different versions of the company’s website.
Version A of the website is shown to 60% of users, while version B of the website is shown to the remaining 40%. The test shows that 8% of users who are presented with version A sign up for the company’s services, as compared to 4% of users who are presented with version B.
If a user signs up for the company’s services, what is the probability that she/he was presented with version A of the website?
Each day during 2019 an agency asked a hundred randomly selected people which party they would vote for if elections were held that day. Results of the poll were recorded in the following file. The Workers' Party asked for the report which they plan to use to improve their strategy for upcoming elections.
Fill in the missing values in the report for 2019:
- The arithmetic mean of votes for the Workers' Party is: __ (rounded to one decimal place)
- The median of votes for the Workers' party is: __ (rounded to closest integer)
- The standard deviation of votes for the Workers' party is: __ (rounded to one decimal place)
- The difference between the largest and the smallest number of votes for the Workers' party for March is: __
- The largest number of votes that any party received on any day is: __ votes.
That maximum was achieved on 2019-__-__ by __.
- The party with the largest difference between the maximum and minimum number of votes is _______. That difference is __ votes.
A classifier that predicts if an image contains only a cat, a dog, or a llama produced the following confusion matrix:
What is the accuracy of the model, in percentages?
Two bacteria cultures, A and B, were set up in two different dishes, each covering 50% of its dish. Over 20 days, bacteria A's percentage of coverage increased to 70% and bacteria B's percentage of coverage reduced to 40%:
For jobseekers: get certified
Earn a free certificate by achieving top 25% on the Data Science test with public questions.Take a Certification Test
Sample silver certificate
Sunshine CaprioJava and SQL TestDome
For companies: premium questions
Buy TestDome to access premium questions that can't be practiced.
Get money back if you find any premium question answered online.
13 more premium Data Science questions
Billiard Club Occupancy, Cheating Indicator, Wine Quality, Distribution of Answers, Hiring Process, Bank Loan, Rain, Credit Wizard, Bacterial Growth, Age and Earnings, Patient Classification, Subscribers, CTR.
Skills and topics tested
- Data Science
- Linear Regression
- Bayes' Theorem
- Probability Distributions
- Decision Tree
- Machine Learning
- Curve Fitting
- Decision Boundary
- Poisson Distribution
- Binomial Distribution
For job roles
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
Sample candidate report
What others say
Simple, straight-forward technical testing
TestDome is simple, provides a reasonable (though not extensive) battery of tests to choose from, and doesn't take the candidate an inordinate amount of time. It also simulates working pressure with the time limits.
Jan Opperman, Grindrod Bank
Solve all your skill testing needs
150+ Pre-made tests
From web development and database administration to project management and customer support. See all pre-made tests.
Mix questions for different skills or even custom questions in one test. See an example.
How TestDome works
Choose a pre-made test
or create a custom test
Invite candidates via
email, URL, or your ATS
a test remotely
Sort candidates and
get individual reports