Selenium and Web Testing Online Test
Practice your skills and earn a certificate of achievement when you score in the top 25%.Take a Practice Test
Test candidates with real-world problems and interview the best ones.Sign Up to Offer this Test
About the test
The Selenium and Web Testing online test assesses the ability to find issues on web pages and prevent them by using Selenium for automated tests.
The assessment includes work-sample tasks such as:
- Using Selenium WebDriver to automate a browser.
- Finding issues on a web page.
- Understanding functional, exploratory, load, and web performance testing.
A good web tester using Selenium should be able to find issues with websites in exploratory tests, analyze websites according to specifications in functional tests, and know how to use Selenium to automate testing.
Sample public questions
You are testing the website of a warehouse, using Selenium.
The package details page where Selenium will be run has the following elements:
- A link to see third party tracking information about the package, which opens in a new tab.
- An iframe containing an embedded promotional video.
- A button to see the bill associated with this package, which opens in a new window.
What can be correctly said about testing this webpage after opening the tracking information tab and the bill information window?
You were assigned to do web accessibility testing on a website to buy theater tickets.
You noticed the following in the page:
- The heading appears before the description in the visual page.
- Screen readers order the description before the heading.
- The pricing section is dynamically loaded almost immediately after the rest of the page.
- The picture of the seating arrangements has the alternate text: "Theater".
- The page requires scrolling to reach the end.
Some visually impaired users of the site use a screen reader on their browser.
Which of the following characteristics of the page reduces the accessibility for screen reader users compared to users who don't use a screen reader?
Consider the form provided here. The form should validate all fields once the "Create user" button is clicked and it should clear the form if validation has passed.
The fields have the following constraints:
- First name - required, must have at least one character that is not a whitespace.
- Last name - required, must have at least one character that is not a whitespace.
- Username - required.
- Description - no constraints.
- Address - no constraints.
- Address 2 - optional, if provided it should have at most 5 characters.
- Age - optional, if provided it should be a number between 18 and 65, both included.
- Password - required, it should have at least 4 characters.
Test the form and select all the fields that were not implemented correctly.
After a development team has made a web application using a programming language, your task is to make browser-based regression tests using the same programming language and Selenium. Select only the steps needed to setup Selenium on a new machine which only has an OS and the run-time for the targeted programming language:
Consider the screenshot of web page provided here.
Select all the parts of the web page that contain issues like wrong text formatting, missing a page element, or similar.
Using Selenium, select the best practice for simulating the following user scenario:
- Go to https://www.testdome.com
- Click on the following HTML element: <a href="/tour">Tour</a>
Commands need to cover the whole interaction, from opening a web browser to closing it.
For the following scenarios, select the most appropriate type of performance testing.
For jobseekers: get certified
Earn a free certificate by achieving top 25% on the Selenium and Web Testing test with public questions.Take a Certification Test
Sample silver certificate
Sunshine CaprioJava and SQL TestDome
For companies: premium questions
Buy TestDome to access premium questions that can't be practiced.
Get money back if you find any premium question answered online.
22 more premium Selenium and Web Testing questions
Create Document, Selenium Operations, Landing Page, Question Selection, Wait For Results, Load Testing, Account Search, Sale Records, Selenium Capabilities, Incident Report, Fitness Website, Gym Memberships, Furniture Company, Cement Purchase Form, Offer Alerts, Power Plant, Chemical Reactor Settings, Application Store, Biofuel Refinery, Model Trains, Clinic Status Page, Electrical Equipment Store.
Skills and topics tested
- Web Testing
- Functional Testing
- Exploratory Testing
- Static Web Page
- WebDriver Wait
- Load Testing
- Web Performance Testing
- Usability Testing
- Selenium Locators
- Selenium Actions
- Dialog Box
For job roles
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Selenium Test Engineer
- Web Application Tester
Sample candidate report
What others say
Simple, straight-forward technical testing
TestDome is simple, provides a reasonable (though not extensive) battery of tests to choose from, and doesn't take the candidate an inordinate amount of time. It also simulates working pressure with the time limits.
Jan Opperman, Grindrod Bank
Solve all your skill testing needs
150+ Pre-made tests
From web development and database administration to project management and customer support. See all pre-made tests.
Mix questions for different skills or even custom questions in one test. See an example.
How TestDome works
Choose a pre-made test
or create a custom test
Invite candidates via
email, URL, or your ATS
a test remotely
Sort candidates and
get individual reports