Web Testing Online Test
About the test
The Web Testing online test assesses the ability to find issues on static and dynamic web sites using various methods.
The assessment includes work-sample tasks such as:
- Performing functional tests based on specifications.
- Using exploratory testing to find issues on web pages.
- Testing usability and accessibility to improve user experience.
A good web tester should be familiar with various testing methods and procedures in order to find and address issues to ensure that the website works as expected.
Sample public questions
Consider the form provided here. The form should validate all fields once the "Create user" button is clicked and it should clear the form if validation has passed.
The fields have the following constraints:
- First name - required, must have at least one character that is not a whitespace.
- Last name - required, must have at least one character that is not a whitespace.
- Username - required.
- Description - no constraints.
- Address - no constraints.
- Address 2 - optional, if provided it should have at most 5 characters.
- Age - optional, if provided it should be a number between 18 and 65, both included.
- Password - required, it should have at least 4 characters.
Test the form and select all the fields that were not implemented correctly.
You were assigned to do web accessibility testing on a website to buy theater tickets.
You noticed the following in the page:
- The heading appears before the description in the visual page.
- Screen readers order the description before the heading.
- The pricing section is dynamically loaded almost immediately after the rest of the page.
- The picture of the seating arrangements has the alternate text: "Theater".
- The page requires scrolling to reach the end.
Some visually impaired users of the site use a screen reader on their browser.
Which of the following characteristics of the page reduces the accessibility for screen reader users compared to users who don't use a screen reader?
For companies: premium questions
Buy TestDome to access premium questions that can't be practiced.
Get money back if you find any premium question answered online.
12 more premium Web Testing questions
Load Testing, Account Search, Sale Records, Incident Report, Fitness Website, Gym Memberships, Furniture Company, Offer Alerts, Landing Page, Create Document, Question Selection, Cement Purchase Form.
Skills and topics tested
- Web Testing
- Load Testing
- Web Performance Testing
- Functional Testing
- Usability Testing
- Exploratory Testing
- Static Web Page
For job roles
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Web Application Tester
Sample candidate report
What others say
Simple, straight-forward technical testing
TestDome is simple, provides a reasonable (though not extensive) battery of tests to choose from, and doesn't take the candidate an inordinate amount of time. It also simulates working pressure with the time limits.
Jan Opperman, Grindrod Bank
Solve all your skill testing needs
150+ Pre-made tests
From web development and database administration to project management and customer support. See all pre-made tests.
Mix questions for different skills or even custom questions in one test. See an example.
How TestDome works
Choose a pre-made test
or create a custom test
Invite candidates via
email, URL, or your ATS
a test remotely
Sort candidates and
get individual reports